Volunteer Opportunity in India (Janipur)
Location: Jaipur, India;
Company/Organization Type: For-Profit;
Description of Jaipur, India
Enthralling, historical Jaipur, Rajasthan’s capital, is the gateway to India’s most flamboyant state.
The city’s colorful, chaotic streets ebb and flow with a heady brew of old and new. Careering buses dodge dawdling camels, leisurely cycle-rickshaws frustrate swarms of motorbikes, and everywhere buzzing autorickshaws watch for easy prey. In the midst of this cacophony and mayhem, the splendors of Jaipur’s majestic past are islands of relative calm evoking a different pace and another world.
At the city’s heart, the City Palace continues to house the former royal family; the Jantar Mantar, the royal observatory, maintains a heavenly aspect; and the honeycomb Hawa Mahal gazes on the bazaar below. And just out of sight, in the arid hill country surrounding the city, is the fairy-tale grandeur of Amber Fort, Jaipur’s star attraction.
We are a last-mile distribution company with a mission is to create ‘Saral Jeevan’ or an ‘Easy Life’ for rural customers by providing them with access to quality clean energy solutions through our network of digitized rural entrepreneurs, with women at the center of the value chain.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Length of Internship: 24 weeks (negotiable)
- Build and create processes for our social media marketing
- Help access different points of view and widen our perspectives and also work on campaigns to stimulate a broader global audience given our partnership and work
- Bring social media to the last mile leveraging our digitized women entrepreneur
Skills That Will Be Learned:
Interns will have the opportunity to innovate, support, and implement interesting projects and programs that will be implemented at scale. Through this experience, the interns not only get exposed to the grassroots realities of India’s energy access, women empowerment, financial inclusion, digital divide, and market linkages, but also develop a personality being an advocate of change, develop the skills to become an entrepreneur, and the mindset necessary to attain positions of leadership in the social enterprise ecosystem.
- Very proficient in creative writing
- Experience in execution of social media campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of Office IT packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good understanding of project management and willingness/ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to work irregular hours when the work dictates (such as for events, during campaigns etc.)
Desired Accomplishments by End of Internship:
- Conceptualizing and executing the marketing plan for the company on social and online media with a focus on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram
- Creating a unique voice for the brand on social media and generating relevant content (on all social and online forums) to reach the audience most likely to engage with our company
- Overseeing design (i.e. Facebook timeline cover pic, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, profile pic, YouTube branding/videos, Twitter profile/posts, Instagram profile/pics/videos/posts, Linkedin updates, connections, networking etc.)
- Developing and publishing social media metrics dashboard
- Analyzing, reviewing and reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns in order to maximize results
- Working with our Solar Sahelis (rural women entrepreneurs) to help them have their own Facebook page for communication
Personal Qualities Desired:
- Hard working
- Process oriented and systematic
Prior Experience Required:
Should have worked in the Social Media domain and have hands-on experience in driving Social Media Marketing (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube & Instagram)
Language other than English Required: No